Marcus Lee


        My name is Marcus Lee and I studied in Sri Kuala Lumpur International School Subang Jaya doing the IGCSE exams. During my year 10 (form 4) year, my school changed the add maths teachers a total of four times in the year, and as a result, I didn't understand the syllabus and could not catch up. I was close to failing the subject, getting C's and D's and was considering dropping the subject altogether.

        At this point, a friend introduced me to Mr. Austin Lau, who proved to be an amazing add maths and maths teacher. Mr Austin spent a lot of time with my friends and myself, teaching us and helping us through our weak topics. Seeing that we had such weak foundations in the add maths subject, Mr. Austin started from the beginning and worked meticulously to cover every single topic, managing to teach us the year 10 syllabus, which would normally have taken a year, in a mere five months.

        Mr. Austin also proved to be an extremely knowledgeable and patient teacher, always able to answer our questions and never showing signs of frustration despite our inadequacies and our occasional bouts of playfulness in class. Towards the time of our trials and actual exams, Mr. Austin also took time out of his week to provide us with extra classes where necessary. With all the time spent with us, Mr. Austin became less of a teacher and more of a friend to us, being able to relate to us teenagers despite almost a 10 year difference in age.

        At the end of everything, I emerged from the IGCSE examinations with an A* in my add maths and maths subjects with noone else to thank than Mr. Austin, a teacher and a friend whom I plan to keep in contact with through the years to come.
 
Sincerely,
Marcus Lee.
First
0 Comments